When I’m in the mood for something that’s on the lighter side, I used to debate between a sandwich and a salad. Finally, it dawned on me that I could easily combine the two and make something even better: a cranberry chicken salad wrap.
I can’t believe I never thought of making one before because I love a good chicken salad wrap. It makes lunch so much more enjoyable than a boring sandwich. Or a light dinner.
Recently, I had the most amazing wrap at a cafe (go figure, right?), and it was so good I just had to recreate the recipe at home. It took a little experimenting, but I finally found the perfect combination of ingredients.
Here’s my new cranberry chicken salad wrap recipe, and is it ever delicious!
Healthy, simple lunch
This chicken salad wrap recipe has chicken, slivered almonds, celery, and dried cranberries for added flavor. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it a delicious way to enjoy a healthy lunch.
When you have good food readily available, it’s much easier to make healthy eating choices. It really does make choosing filling, healthy foods easier when it’s already made and ready to go!
This cranberry chicken salad wrap recipe is perfect as I work toward eating healthier and feeding my family more protein-packed, nutritious meals.
High protein lunch
One of the main reasons why this cranberry chicken salad is such a family favorite here is that it keeps us all nice and satisfied until dinner! This is largely thanks to the high-protein content of this meal.
This recipe includes chicken breast, which offers an incredible 43 grams of protein per cup!
Plus, the slivered almonds are the icing on the cake, so to speak, with a 1/2 cup offering almost 12 grams of protein.
In addition to the protein, there’s fiber in this cranberry chicken salad, too, thanks to the crunchy celery addition. So it’s a win all around!
Easy make-ahead meal
I’m sure other busy mamas can relate—by the time lunch rolls around, the last thing I want to do is stand and cook a meal from scratch. It’s way too easy to reach for whatever is already made (or super fast to put together), so I decided to make sure I always had a healthy, filling option ready to go.
I make a batch of this chicken salad every week and store it in the fridge where it’s easy for both me and my husband to make a delicious lunch whenever we need to.
Unlike some foods, this cranberry chicken salad doesn’t get soggy or watery tasting. I almost think it tastes better once it has had a day or two in the fridge to let the flavors meld together!
How to make cranberry chicken salad wraps
Okay, by now, you are probably starving. Let’s talk about how you can easily make this dish—you’ll just need a few minutes to throw it together!
Chicken salad wrap ingredients:
- Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded – an easy way to do this is to put it in the crock pot and let it cook, then shred it!
- Dried cranberries
- Celery– you’ll want it chopped. If you have pickier eaters, chop it finer. If you love celery, do them a bit larger. Choose what works for you!
- Slivered almonds
- Mayonnaise – I recommend a cup in the recipe card below, but use more or less than this recommended amount according to your taste.
- Lemon juice
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps – or serve with one of the options below.
Here’s how to put this yummy chicken salad together.
First, shred or chop the cooked chicken breast and put it into a large bowl.
Next, add the dried cranberries, celery, and slivered almonds and toss together.
Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix until well combined. You may want to add more or less mayo, depending on your taste.
Next, spoon some of the cranberry chicken mixture into your whole wheat tortilla wraps.
Then, simply wrap and enjoy!
How to serve chicken salad
Want to try out a new way of serving? This recipe is totally versatile; you can enjoy it in so many different ways! Here are a few ideas:
- As a wrap – This salad makes an awesome chicken salad wrap! You can use whole wheat tortillas, gluten-free wraps, or even something fun like a jicama wrap (I have seen them in the refrigerated section at Trader Joes if you are lucky enough to be near one)
- As a salad – True to its name, this cranberry chicken salad is yummy on top of a bed of lettuce.
- On crackers – If you want an extra crunch to your lunch, try scooping this onto your cracker of choice. This can be an easy lunch to pack for kids too!
- With veggies – Here’s another favorite way to eat this chicken salad: I scoop it into celery or bell peppers or eat it as a dip with baby carrots.
- In a pita – Scoop your chicken salad into a pita and enjoy!
How to store chicken salad
Store the leftover chicken salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Remember, don’t make the wraps until you are ready to eat them, as you don’t want a soggy tortilla shell.
Mmm…now, doesn’t this cranberry chicken salad wrap sound like a tasty lunch?
More easy recipes to try
- Unbelievably Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Easy + Delicious Banana Chip Muffins
- Simple Aloha Pineapple Chicken
- Easy Homemade Cheese Crackers That Kids (and Adults!) Can’t Get Enough Of
Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap
A yummy wrap with chicken, slivered almonds, celery, and dried cranberries for a new twist. It’s quick and easy to prepare, making it a delicious way to enjoy a healthy, protein-filled lunch.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- about 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 whole wheat tortilla wraps or serve on lettuce or spinach
- Shred the chicken breast and put into a large bowl. Add the craisins, celery, and almonds and toss together. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix until combined. You may want to add a little more or LESS mayo, depending on your taste. Spoon into a whole wheat flour tortilla, wrap, and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
Note: For a gluten-free or Paleo option, serve on a bed of lettuce.