The big game day means you have to splurge and eat lots of junk, right? You could or you could make a batch of these delicious spicy roasted buffalo cauliflower bites for a healthy, low carb appetizer!
This healthy buffalo cauliflower bites recipe is also a great evening snack for when you’ve got the munchies. Instead of reaching for the chips or chocolate (though you can totally make this guilt-free easy homemade dark chocolate), make up a batch of these gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian bites!
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower is one of those rare guilt-free snacks that tastes like you’re indulging, but you’re really not.
The main ingredient is a vegetable after all, while the other ingredients are simple without junk or a bunch of added calories.
One approximate serving (about 1/4 a head of cauliflower) of Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower bites has around 85 calories!
This buffalo cauliflower recipe uses coconut oil instead of butter, making it dairy-free, which is perfect if you have food sensitivities, like me and my kids.
Cauliflower is one of those poor vegetables that rarely gets love. Most people will pick carrots or celery out of a veggie tray before cauliflower. Unless you’re dipping in ranch sauce or coating it with cheese, cauliflower is just not that appealing.
Personally, I’ve grown to appreciate plain ol’ cauliflower but I still prefer the buffalo version.
This Paleo Buffalo Cauliflower recipe is easy to make; the hardest part is cutting up the cauliflower and the longest part is baking in the oven for 25-40 minutes.
My whole family (except for my younger kids who don’t like ‘spicy’) love spicy buffalo cauliflower. I usually make at least 2 heads of cauliflower at once, because we gobble it up so quickly!
Now when I get the munchies, I whip up a batch of Buffalo Cauliflower and my cravings are satisfied.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites is a delicious spicy, low-carb, vegan appetizer that’s perfect for the Super Bowl or any time you want a healthy snack
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with the hot sauce. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Cut or break the cauliflower into pieces and put into a plastic gallon ziploc bag.
- Pour most of the hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower; seal and shake to coat the cauliflower.
- Check to see if the cauliflower is well coated and add the rest of the sauce if needed. This will depend on how large a head of cauliflower you have. If you add too much sauce, your buffalo cauliflower might end up a bit soggy.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread out so the cauliflower bakes evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Bake for longer if you prefer a crispier cauliflower.
- Serve right away.
*Do not use frozen cauliflower. Fresh cauliflower works best as there is less water in it. Older cauliflower may result in soggier cauliflower that you will need to bake longer.
If your cauliflower releases some water during baking and is a bit soggy, cook for longer – up to 45 or even 50 minutes. (Be sure to check frequently so it doesn’t burn.)
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower bites
Copyright © Living Well Mom. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, you may link back to this post for the recipe.