I sighed as I clicked away from Pinterest. I had been searching for creative ways to capture memories of my kids’ last day of school. But everything looked so complicated and crafty.
And I’m, well… not very crafty. And I don’t have time for complicated things either.
You’re in the right place. Because that day inspired me to create some quick and easy, yet still special last day of school signs that can be printed and used immediately. Just download, print, and snap a photo of your child holding his/her sign.
Free Last Day of School Printables
The past couple of years have been more chaotic than most of us could have imagined. So, it’s more important than ever to celebrate our wins, like making it through another school year!
I know I couldn’t be the only one who felt this way! I didn’t want the entirety of the 2023 school year to just fade away without celebration.
After all, our children have done the hard work of the academic year in some form or fashion. (And so have we parents!)
Does the last day of school have you looking forward to your summer vacation? Check out these road trip essentials before you go!
Last Day of School Printables by Grade
If you grabbed my first day of school signs, these look very similar! Just like the first-day printables, these are broken down by grade. Whether you have a child in pre-k, preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, or maybe they’re in their senior year of high school – you can grab a sign just for them!
Warning…I have to be honest with you all—it’s pretty bittersweet to look back at these before and afters as a set! Kids grow so fast.
How to Get the Free Printables
Get your 2022-2023 last day of school signs for free here:
How to Print the Last Day of School Signs
Once you sign up for the email list, I’ll instantly send the last day of school sign straight to whichever email address you provide.
Visit the link, then choose which file you’d like to print. They are broken down by year, so just choose whichever file(s) you need. Make sure to print these in the landscape!
If possible, you can try printing these on a piece of heavy-weight paper instead of your standard printer paper. It’s a lot easier for the paper to stay unwrinkled for photos this way! But you can absolutely use basic printer paper. Nothing fancy is required here, including chalkboards or other more DIY-type ideas.
I opted to keep these last day of school signs simple with a black-and-white design. This way, not only are you not using too much ink, but the emphasis is on your child, not a super bold design. 🙂
Family Essential ↓
How to Get a Great Last Day of School Photo
Now that you have your last day sign printed out and ready to go, the real challenge begins—you’ve got to get a photo with your child holding it!
Of course, depending on the child and the age, you may have to try different things, but these are a few tips and tricks that have worked for me and my four children over the years.
- Let them pick their outfit. Not only will this curtail early morning battles, but you’ll always remember what your child’s favorite (school-appropriate) outfit was. For younger children, you can give them a choice between two outfits to keep it less overwhelming.
- Take your photo in the morning. I personally have had way more luck getting a good photo in the morning before my kids head off to school. By the time they get home, they’ve lost most of that last day’s excitement and are just ready to be done.
- Try to photograph them outside. Photos taken in natural light will always look better than artificial ones. Have your child go outside and place them in a spot with even light (i.e. not a lot of shadowing over their face). Hand them their last day of school sign and start snapping!
- Don’t be afraid of a candid photo. Let’s be honest. You aren’t always going to get the super-enthusiastic beaming smile we all dream of for these types of photos. However, what we really want is to remember our children as they are at this moment. If they aren’t the big grin type of kid, don’t be afraid to get a photo anyway!
- Take multiple photos. Lastly, you’ll rarely nail the best photo on the first try. Take 2-3 minutes and put your child in 1-2 different spots. Snap 5-10 photos per spot—it literally just takes seconds! This way, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for your favorite last day of school photo.
Remember, these photos will serve as sweet reminders of this season—despite the uniqueness of our current time. 🙂 And even if your child isn’t a fully willing participant, you will enjoy the memories of this great day later.
Print out your free printable last day of school signs and snap some photos; I promise you won’t regret it!
Grab your 2023 last day of school signs here:
Pin your favorite pic to save it for later, too!
For More Helpful Printables, Check Out These Posts:
- How to Store School Papers and Memories (Free Printable)
- Free Printable Summer Reading Log
- Printable Summer Vacation Rules Chart