If you’re on a grain-free diet or simply trying to eat healthier, replacing regular pasta with zoodles (zucchini noodles) is a delicious option.
I’ll show you to make healthy zoodles today; you won’t believe just how quick and easy it is! In fact, it can be faster than boiling a pot of water with regular noodles. And when you top your zoodles with your favorite pasta sauce, you will hardly taste the difference!
How to make Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
What You’ll Need for 2-4 servings:
Both methods are easy.
If you’re using a peeler
Make long peels down the length of the zucchini…
…keep peeling until you’ve used up as much of the zucchini as you can and you have a nice pile of zoodles!
If you’re using a spiralizer
Follow the directions for your spiralizer.
This is a great spiralizer (it’s inexpensive and easy to use and clean.)
You can see how the spiralizer makes a finer zucchini noodle than the peeled version, but both taste the same.
To prepare your zoodles:
Saute your zoodles in a sauce pan with a little avocado oil or olive oil over medium heat.
Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the zoodles become tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper over your zoodles and toss.
Serve with your favorite pasta or meat sauce.
And that’s how to make zoodles!
- 2-3 medium or 1 large zucchini
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- If you're using a peeler, make long peels down the length of the zucchini.
- If you're using a spiralizer, follow the spiralizer directions.
- Saute your zoodles in a sauce pan with a little avocado oil or olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the zoodles become tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper over your zoodles.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.