I love seafood, but my children do not. Actually, they like it sometimes and other times…not so much. And each kid is different. And just as quickly their tastes change. You see my dilemma.
Recently, I had two cans of salmon just sitting there in my pantry. And I wanted to make something different than the typical salmon patties. So I found a recipe for Salmon Quesadillas and tried it out on a busy day when I almost forgot about dinner. It was fantastic.
It took me about 10 minutes to make a single batch (I ended up making a double batch which took slightly longer, because we have a lot of people to feed) and everyone loved it! Including all four of my children, who gobbled up their Salmon Quesadillas and asked for more.
Friends, this 10 minute Salmon Quesadillas recipe is a real winner, both as a quick & easy meal and as a yummy salmon recipe the whole family will love. True, the amount of cheese in these quesadillas probably cancels out the healthy factor, but you can use low-fat cheese and the Omega 3-fatty acids are great for a healthy diet.
These 10 minute Salmon Quesadillas are so easy to make, this recipe is going into my select-always-keep-ingredients-on-hand meal list for those days when I’m too busy to make a regular dinner.
Try it. So good!Print
10 Minute Salmon Quesadillas
This 10 minute Salmon Quesadillas recipe is a real winner, both as a quick & easy meal and as a yummy salmon recipe the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained with bones & skin removed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- softened, spreadable butter
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- guacamole or salsa
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until fragrant. Stir in the salmon, basil, and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile spread butter over one side of the tortillas. Place on a griddle, butter side down. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with cheese and salmon. Top with more cheese, then fold other half over filling.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with guacamole or salsa.