One-Pot Sloppy Joes is a quick-and-easy weeknight meal you can whip up in 15 minutes or less. This hearty dinner recipe is deliciously flavorful and kid-approved too!
I’ve loved Sloppy Joes for as long as I can remember and my whole family loves it too. There’s not a lot of meals my entire family – all six of us – love, but this is one.
This dinner is easily gluten-free too with two simple tweaks!
I use the McCormick Sloppy Joe recipe with a slight variation. This is a quick and easy dinner; it only requires 10-15 minutes from start to finish.
What You’ll Need to Make One-Pot Sloppy Joes:
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can of tomato paste (the tiny size)
- 1 packet of McCormick Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 2-3 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce (use a gluten-free brand if needed, such as Lea & Perrins)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 8 pk hamburger buns (use gluten-free if needed)
Brown your ground beef and drain any fat.
Once the meat is well cooked and browned, add the tomato paste…
…and the packet of McCormick Sloppy Joe seasoning, plus 1 cup of water…
Stir it up really well.
Add 2-3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and stir. How much you put in depends on how much flavor you like. Do you go for a bolder flavor? Pour it in! If not, then add a little less.
Cook for a couple minutes on medium heat until it’s bubbling.
At this point, you could serve it now, but it would be a little soupy. To get rid of the “soupy-ness,”, reduce the heat to low, and let your sloppy joes simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Now it’s done!
Serve on hamburg buns. It should make about 8 Sloppy Joes – you can stretch it to go a little farther if you put less on each bun.
My family enjoys One-Pot Sloppy Joes with baked beans (from a can because we’re going for fast prep here) and a green veggie, like broccoli.
However you prefer it, it likely won’t take your family long to dig into your delicious One Pot Sloppy Joes! Enjoy!
One-Pot Sloppy Joes is a quick-and-easy weeknight meal you can whip up in just 15 minutes. This hearty dinner recipe is deliciously flavorful and kid-approved too!
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until cooked through.Drain the grease.
- Stir in the tomato paste, seasoning mix, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat through until bubbling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Makes 8 servings