This easy recipe for homemade vegan eggnog takes just 2 minutes to make a batch. It’s light, creamy and you can make it with your choice of almond, coconut, or cashew milk. This tasty eggnog is dairy-free and eggless and it’s also technically Paleo-friendly because it’s made without refined sugar or junk ingredients.
If you can’t eat eggs or dairy, your options may be limited when it comes to buying eggnog. But that doesn’t mean you have to go without your favorite holiday beverage!
Last year, I shared my easy recipe for from scratch homemade dairy-free eggnog. It’s delicious and turned out to be very popular.
But this year, I found out my body hates eggs. Yes even our delicious fresh free-range eggs from our backyard chickens. So that original recipe is no longer an option for me. I technically need a vegan eggnog recipe.
I looked for an eggless eggnog recipe, but I couldn’t find one with my requirements: a simple recipe without oddball or junk ingredients. So I started experimenting with my own recipe for eggless eggnog. I almost gave up, thinking it couldn’t be done because my attempts weren’t working.
I finally waited a few days, gave it one more try and found the perfect combination of ingredients.
I was so excited, I shoved a glass of my homemade eggless eggnog at my husband and asked him to try it. I held my breath as Nate took a sip. He looked confused for a minute. Then Nate took another sip (more of a gulp this time) and asked “How is this NOT regular eggnog? It tastes amazing! You seriously didn’t put any eggs in it?”
Boom! Vegan Eggless Eggnog mission accomplished!
One of the best things about this Eggless Eggnog recipe is just how simple it is to make. You throw all the ingredients in your blender, blend for 30-60 seconds, and serve. That’s it.
Why This Vegan Eggnog Recipe is so Perfect:
- vegan (egg-free, dairy-free)
- no refined sugar (sweetened only with maple syrup)
- no fancy ingredients required
- quick and easy – throw the ingredients in your blender, blend for 30-60 seconds, and serve. That’s it!
- no separating eggs, no soaking nuts, etc.
- delicious with almond, coconut, or cashew milk (your choice!)
The one ingredient that’s not Paleo is rum extract. If you’re strictly Paleo, you can leave it out and the eggnog will still taste delicious. But if you want a touch more eggnog flavor, throw it in and enjoy!
Eggless Eggnog Ingredients:
- almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk (your choice)
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
- rum extract (optional, not Paleo)
- real rum (completely optional. I’m not much for alcoholic drinks, but on occasion – ie Christmas eve, I do enjoy a small splash of rum in my eggnog. This is entirely up to you.)
Supplies You Might Need:
- glass measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- blender – while I love my refurbished Vitamix, any blender works well for this recipe
- your favorite eggnog glasses
- large mason jars for storage if you make a big batch
Vegan Eggnog Video Tutorial:
How to Make Eggless Eggnog
- Gather all the ingredients
- Put everything in a blender
- Pour and serve with a dash of nutmeg
Tips for Making Vegan Eggnog
- canned coconut milk provides the richest flavor, but almond milk is also delicious (and my family’s favorite, plus it’s cheaper)
- If sticking with Paleo and no added sugar is important, choose a nut milk without added sugar. I prefer Silk (or store brand) 30 calorie almond milk.
More Delicious Eggnog Recipes:
- Eggnog Chia Pudding (vegan, dairy-free)
- Homemade Dairy-Free Eggnog with Eggs
- Eggnog Log Cookies
- Magic Cookie Seven Layer Bars
- The Best Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles
Homemade Eggless Eggnog
In just 2 minutes, you can whip up a batch of this delicious creamy vegan eggnog using almond milk or coconut milk!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: serves 2 1x
- Category: beverage
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups coconut milk or almond milk
- 2–3 Tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (optional, not Paleo)
- 9 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1.5 tsp rum extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve immediately with a dash of ground nutmeg sprinkled on top.
*For the best most authentic eggnog taste, use the higher amount of maple syrup, but you can use less if you prefer less sweetener.
Store in the refrigerator in a covered container (large mason jars work well) for up to 1 week. Shake to mix the ingredients before serving again.
Keywords: homemade eggnog, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, holiday beverage, rum