Dieting or eating “healthy” with food restrictions like gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, Paleo, etc. isn’t an easy task. There’s no magic pill that will instantly knock out cravings, help you lose weight, or get healthy.
But there are some things you can do along the way to help your journey be successful.
I’ve been on a gluten-free, mostly Paleo diet for over a year now and my health has improved a lot. A few months ago, I took a step farther and cut out sugar completely, including natural sweeteners (and no artificial either!). It wasn’t easy, but I did it.
These Craving Buster Chocolate Fat Bombs really helped.
Check out our PEPPERMINT Craving Buster Fat Bombs recipe here.
To be honest, I’d never heard of a “fat bomb” before, but when I was trying to think of a good name for this recipe, I discovered the term and that’s pretty much what they are.
These Craving Buster Fat Bombs have three simple ingredients: coconut oil, cacao powder, and almond butter.
There’s no sugar, not even natural sweetener, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar so these fat bombs are ideal for a no-sugar diet.
That also means if you’re expecting a sweet peanut butter cup, you might be disappointed.
Approach these craving buster fat bombs with the right mindset and they’ll taste great, even downright delicious if you’re used to a low or no sugar diet!
Besides, these little chocolate fat bombs are so much more than no-sugar chocolate.
Here are just a few possible benefits:
- boosted metabolism = more energy and potential weight loss – from medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) or triglycerides in coconut oil
- fat burning – studies have shown that MFCAs are very effective at breaking down fat
- immune support from lauric acid (found in organic coconut oil)
- improved memory – MCFAs are great brain fuel and studies have shown it increases recall ability
- improved mood – cacao is a natural source of “happy, feel-good” chemicals, including serotonin and dopamine
- good source of antioxidants – raw organic cacao has than 40x more antioxidants than blueberries! “Antioxidants can absorb free radicals, which cause cell and tissue damage and can lead to diseases such as cancer.” (source)
Beyond all those amazing potential benefits, these chocolate fat bombs are great for stopping cravings!
When I quit sugar last fall, I had awful cravings and eating one or two of these yummy bites of chocolate really helped.
One note of caution: these fat bombs do have about 122 calories each (this number will vary depending on the almond butter you choose and how closely you follow the measurements) so watch that you don’t eat a half dozen and derail your eating plan!
These Craving Buster Fat Bombs are also incredibly quick and easy to make.
Craving Buster Fat Bombs
There are two ways to make this fat bombs recipe:
One – the quickest, I’m-in-a-hurry and want-to-eat-now method:
Stir everything together in a small bowl and eat with a spoon.
Two: the I-can-be-patient method:
Stir everything together, pour into candy molds or small paper muffin cups, and freeze until firm.
Love peppermint? Click here for the PEPPERMINT version of this Craving-Buster Fat Bombs recipe!Print
This simple little chocolate recipe is so yummy and really can help reduce sugar and carb cravings!
Single Serving Fast Method:
Melt the coconut oil, stir in the cacao and almond butter, and eat right away.
32 Servings Method:
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cacao and almond butter until no lumps remain. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture each into 32 small paper muffin cups.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hard.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*Be sure to use an almond butter without added sugar. Woodstock Smooth Almond Butter is my preferred brand and the brand I used in the nutritional values.
These fat bombs will melt in warm weather, so keep in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 fat bomb
- Calories: 122.5
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Fat: 11.75g
- Carbohydrates: 2.25g
- Protein: 1.75g