I love Fat Bombs.
Fat Bombs can take the edge off hunger and even reduce cravings. They’re satisfying in a delicious, not-on-a-diet kind of way. Plus they’re super quick and easy to make!
Today I want to share my new recipe for Peppermint Craving Buster Fat Bombs. It’s a simple twist on my original Fat Bombs recipe and I love them even more because there’s just something indulgent about peppermint.
With four simple ingredients – coconut oil, cacao (or cocoa) powder, a nut butter (with no added sugar), and peppermint extract or essential oil, these Peppermint Craving Buster Fat Bombs are incredibly simple to make and so so good!
As you can see, as long as you use a no-sugar-added nut butter, preferably something like almond butter (this is my favorite brand), this recipe is sugar-free too. You might have 1 gram of sugar total from the almond butter (possibly more if you use peanut butter) but that’s it.
If you’re used to a high-sugar diet and are expecting a sweet peanut butter cup, you will probably be disappointed because this isn’t sweet. But it IS good. Try and see!
One of my favorite things about fat bombs is that they’re pretty good at stopping cravings. There are many reasons for craving food – it could be emotional eating (in which case, the only way to really get past this is to address the core issue for why you’re eating emotionally), *that* time of the month, or maybe you simply didn’t eat enough food earlier in the day and your body is letting you know.
Either way, I’ve found that these Peppermint Craving Buster Fat Bombs help me stop reaching for junk. The healthy fats are far more satisfying than a random chocolate bar and they really are pretty guilt-free.
Just remember that with the nut butter and coconut oil, the calories do add up quickly so try to eat only one or two fat bombs at a time. (Note: I no longer calculate calories in my recipes, but feel free to plug in the ingredients to come up with your own calculations. If you want to be exact, make sure you take into account the specific nut butter and brands you use.)
If you want to read more about how fat bombs are awesome, check out my original Fat Bombs recipe post.
You can make these Peppermint Craving Buster Fat Bombs one of two ways.
1) A single serving recipe. You mix it up in less than a minute or two and can eat it right away with a spoon. This is the one to make if you want to eat something NOW and not wait a few hours for the chocolate to harden.
2) If you’re feeling more patient and not quite as hungry, you can make these fat bombs using mini muffin cups or candy molds and freeze for a few hours.
How to Make Peppermint Craving Buster Fat Bombs
Single Serve: “Immediate Cravings” method
Melt 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil; stir 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder, 1/2 tablespoon almond butter (or your favorite nut butter) along with a couple drops of peppermint extract OR 1 toothpick dipped into peppermint essential oil. If you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, feel free to add more to your taste.
If you use peppermint essential oil, a little goes a long ways and that’s where it can be helpful to dip a toothpick in the oil and then into your single serving fat bomb mixture vs one drop which can be pretty strong.
You can eat this right away with a spoon; no freezing required.
Multiple Servings: “I can be patient” method
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 cup your favorite nut butter
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract OR 1-2 drops peppermint essential oil (RMO)| Eden’s Garden
Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cacao and nut butter until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract or essential oil (you can add a little more if you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor)
Refrigerate or freeze until hard.
Store in the refrigerator (the coconut oil WILL melt at warm temperatures and you’ll have a mess of chocolate.)
Enjoy your Peppermint Craving-Buster Fat Bombs!Print
- Single Serving:
- ½ Tbsp melted organic coconut oil
- ½ Tbsp organic cacao powder
- ½ Tbsp nut butter, like almond butter
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract OR 1 toothpick peppermint essential oil (RMO) | Eden’s Garden
- Makes 32:
- 1 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 cup almond butter*
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract OR 1-2 drops peppermint essential oil (RMO) | Eden’s Garden
- Single Serving Fast Method:
- Melt the coconut oil, stir in the cacao, nut butter, and peppermint extract or oil, and eat right away with a spoon.
- 32 Servings:
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cacao and nut butter until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract or essential oil (you can add a little more if you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor)
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of the mixture each into 32 paper-lined mini muffin cups or mini candy molds.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hard.
- Be sure to store your fat bombs in the refrigerator so they don’t melt!